Wednesday 4 July 2012

I'm completely clueless

Ok, so I'm new to the whole blogging world and I don't really know what I'm doing, but as they say (whoever 'they' are) if you don't give it a go then you'll never know, so excuse my feeble attempt at trying to create something vaguely intelligent and barely readable. 

I originally thought blogging was for enhancing job prospects and it was just something you could add to your CV so it would look more 'meaty' if you like. But now I realise that it actually has a lot more depth to it, not only is it for enhancing job prospects (which I'm trying and simultaneously failing at) but it is also for meeting new contacts, friends and gaining an understanding of different people in the world. 

Some people may say that the Internet is the "devil's invention" because it's led to an increase unhealthier lifestyles, cyber-bullying and intelligence levels decreasing, but to all the dinosaurs that genuinely believe that is true, I'd tell them that they should either get the Internet rather than moaning about something they only know of through news forms or realise that the benefits of the Internet outweigh the drawbacks. Imagine life before e-mail, social networking sites and online banking; how did we manage?! The Internet makes life so much more convenient for us; we can catch up with old friends, manage our money and read the news all within a five minute period! Think of all the new inventions as well: Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Iplayer - these are all integrated in to our every day life now, so it just makes you wonder how we ever managed before. 

All I can say is that Sir Tim Berners-Lee who invented the Internet is an absolute genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment